The objective of the social challenge “Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime water and inland water research and the bio economy” (SC2) of Horizon 2020 is to guarantee a supply of food products of biological origin through the development of production systems sustainably based on the efficient use of resources. The strategy responds to some of the major challenges our country is facing, namely adaptation to climate change, food security, the use of fossil fuels, together with competitive, low-carbon supply chains, treatment and marketing.
Specific activities refer to these areas:
- Sustainable agriculture and forestry
- Sustainable and competitive agri-food sectors for a healthy and safe diet
- Aquatic biological resources
- Sustainable and competitive bio industries and support for the development of a European bio economy
- Marine and maritime transversal research
At least 3 legal entities belonging to a Member State or an associated country may participate.
The participation of a legal subject belonging to a Member State or an associated country is permitted if:
- co-financing actions for research programs
- Support and Coordination actions
- where indicated by work programs or work plans
FINANCIAL ACTIONS: (Link)
The total budget available for the challenge (SC2) is € 3.851 million.