The UniME for Ukraine Programme is a special programme to support Ukrainian students forced to interrupt their studies in Ukraine due to the war.
UNIME is highly motivated to receive Ukrainian students and safeguard their right to study through the extraordinary economic intervention of the UniME for Ukraine Programme. The University, therefore, will provide up to 50 scholarships for Ukrainian students who enroll for the A.Y. 2021/22 for single courses and possess the following access requirements:
- They are Ukrainian citizen residents in Ukraine
- They have an international protection residence permit (refugee status or subsidiary protection) for special protection reasons or able to certify other forms of temporary protection pursuant to the Italian and European regulations in force on immigration following the ongoing humanitarian crisis in Ukraine
- They have interrupted their university studies in Ukraine and entered Italy following the ongoing crisis that started on February 24, 2022
The list of single courses for the undergraduate, Master’s and single-cycle degree courses of the University of Messina for the academic year 2021/22 is available on line
The scholarship will provide € 2000 to support Ukrainian students who will enroll in the individual training activities for the A.Y. 20 21/2022. It will be paid in the following ways:
- 1st installment € 1200 following arrival in Messina and registration for single courses
- 2nd installment € 800 to complete the selected individual courses whose exams are taken and recorded by the end of the 2021/2022 academic year (30 September 2022).
Students will be able to follow the lessons that are still taking place, take the exams and acquire the credits of the courses in both the first and second semester of the A.Y. 2021/22. The credits obtained may be recognized for possible future enrollment in a UniME degree course. Candidates who finalize enrollment in individual courses will be exempt from paying the registration fees regardless of the number of courses and credits selected. Candidates will be only asked to pay € 16,00 marca da bollo for the registration to single course unit.
HOW TO APPLY
Students who intend to compete for the scholarships must register for the “UniMe for Ukraine” programme by 15 June 2022 on the ESSE3 platform available on-line. The following documents must be attached:
- Copy of the passport
- Copy of the residence permit for international protection (refugee status or subsidiary protection) for reasons of special protection; or a certification of other forms of temporary protection pursuant to the Italian and European regulations in force on immigration following the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine (as defined by EC Decision 2022/382); or the request for the issuance of a residence permit for temporary protection presented at one of the Immigration Offices of the Police Headquarters
- tax code issued by the Italian Revenue Agency
- document certifying, or from which it can be inferred, the previous enrollment in a Ukrainian university in the academic year 2021/2022.
After all documents have been verified, an e-mail will be sent explaining the registration to the chosen to single course units as well as payment of the € 16,00 marca da bollo for the registration.
At the following link you can find a videotutorial on how to apply.
The scholarship is granted to candidates who meet the mentioned requirements starting from the date of publication of this call and until all available funds are used up.
Candidate will be selected on a first come first served basis following confirmation of the registration to one or more single-course unit. The results of the assignment will be communicated on an ongoing basis based at the time of the enrolment confirmation in individual courses. The amount will be transferred to the current account (using IBAN number) as indicated in the application form.
Further information or clarification can be requested at this email address: email@example.com.