The Italian Ministry of Higher education and research has issued new provisions concerning application for study visa for 2020/2021 a.y.
Non-EU candidates living outside Italy who are interested in enrolling in Corsi di laurea (Bachelor’s degrees – 1° cycle QF-EHEA/6° level EQF), Corsi di laurea magistrale a ciclo unico (Combined Bachelor- Master’s degree – 2° cycle QF-EHEA/7° level EQF), Corsi di laurea magistrale (Master’s degrees – 2° cycle QF-EHEA/7° level EQF) or Single courses, must submit their visa application using the Universitaly portal.
Students interested in applying for a Master’s degree course (Laurea magistrale) must apply for a pre-evaluation of the previous qualifications.
The application on Universitaly portal consists in 5 phases:
- Register on the portal and get the access credentials
- Log in and fill in the online form (STEP A) with personal data
- Upload a passport-size photo and a copy of passport. Candidates must also indicate the State and the Italian representation where they will start the visa process, and the reason for their application. (STEP B)
- Select the University of Messina, type and name of the study programme. The language box enables candidates to filter the courses and curricula taught in the chosen language. Please note that the box “Account identificativo presso Università/AFAM/Istituto prescelto” is not mandatory and can be skipped.
- Upload the copies of the qualifications needed for admission (STEP C). At this stage neither translation nor legalization or Declaration of value are required. This document can be handed in upon arrival in Messina
We strongly recommend candidates to pay attention when selecting State, Italian representation and University in order to avoid any problem during the visa issuance process.
UniME will confirm candidate acceptance on the Universitaly Portal only if the required documents are valid and correctly uploaded. This will begin the pre-enrolment at UniME and the visa application process.
Applications are conditionally admitted if candidates:
- Have finished their previous studies but do not have the High School/Bachelor Diploma yet. These documents must be issued in English or translated into Italian, legalized and accompanied by the Declaration of Value (DoV) issued by the competent Italian Diplomatic/Consular section.
- Take the test of Italian Language proficency. The test will be held on-line (Microsoft Teams Plaform) on the 28th of August at 10:00 (CET).
- Take the admission test for selected restricted access degree programme. to held in Septmber.
Upon UNIME confirmation, the Italian Diplomatic/Consular Representation indicated by the candidate will check and evaluate the application to the relevant specific provisions for visa issuance. The decision on the issuance of a visa for study purposes is the exclusive jurisdiction of the Diplomatic/Consular Authorities. Students will be informed about the decision no later than November 30, 2020.
During the visa issuance process, candidates are allowed to take both Italian language proficiency examination (if required) and the admission test (if required) under condition of obtaining the visa.
The selective admission tests for the listed study programmes must be taken in presence:
- Combined Bachelor and Master’s degree in Medicine and surgery
- Combined Bachelor and Master’s degree in Dentistry
- Bachelor’s degrees in Health professions
Candidates are also allowed to attend classes from 1st October 2020 onwards, which will be held at a distance and in presence in accordance with Italian Government and Universities boars’ decisions with the aim of safeguarding individual and public health.
During the visa issuance process you will be allowed to attend classes virtually from October 2020 onwards using the Microsoft Teams platform. For further details on lectures timetable and learning activities, do not hesitate to contact only the Scientific coordinator of the selected Degree programme.
Candidates can access Universitaly portal using their credentials and check their application status. Once UNIME have dealt with the pre-enrolment application (granting the status of “admitted” or “conditionally admitted”) it is no longer necessary to contact us about the visa. We suggest candidates to access the Universitaly portal and check their visa application status.