The University of Messina has a comprehensive educational offer. The official course catalogue for the new academic year is usually published in May/June. At the time of publication, the document is not exhaustive. The complete list of course units will be available only a few weeks later and the details of the courses may be updated until classes start. If the new catalogue is not available yet, you can refer to the information for the current academic year. We strongly suggest that you check again the courses you chose before the start of the semester.
Bachelor's programme and Single-cycle degree courses (Bachelor and master combined)
Access is gained with a five-year high school diploma.
A Bachelor's degree is a three-year long programme (1° level degree) . It is possible to continue your studies with a Master's degree or by enrolling in a Vocational Master's degree course or a postgraduate programme.
The single-cycle course varies between 5 and 6 years (2° level degree) and gives the possibility to continue studies at a higher education level.
Master's Degree Courses
A Master course is a two-year long programme (2° level degree), which can be accessed with a Bachelor's degree.
It provides a more qualified education for access to the world of work and, in addition, allows studies to be continued at a higher education level.
The University of Messina offers a growing number of undergraduate and graduate degree courses taught in English. In this section, you will find useful information on entry requirements, curricula and learning outcomes of the degree and Master’s degree programmes in English.
In order to fill in your Learning Agreement correctly, choose the subjects only from the accademic offer of the UniMe Department reported in the Inter-Institutional Agreement signed with your University.
Hereby are reported the steps to be taken to identify the course units for the Learning Agreement.
- Choose the Department. If you are not sue check the “welcome e-mail” you have received from UniME
- Select the Degree programme. Take in to account the [component code] and the level of the Degree. For study courses taught in English, please make sure to select the programme from the specific section.
- Choose “study plan and teaching” (piano di studi e insegnamenti). In this section you can find the list of course units available. Make sure the course unit is activated in the semester you are planning to carry out the mobility.
- For each course unit you will find all available details such as the educational aims, the lecturers' names and the language of instruction, by clicking the unit name.
- Report in the Learning agreement the selected course unit names as reported in the original language of instruction as well as the specific [component code]. If the language of Instruction of the course unit is Italian, the name of the course must be reported accordingly.
After the approval of your nomination you have received full information on how to fill in the LA If you still have queries or you need support please write to email@example.com.
If you need to have the LA provided by your University signed, send the document to firstname.lastname@example.org upon arrival.
The Learning Agreement can be changed just one time upon arrival within 30 days. If you need to modify the L.A. write only to email@example.com
Please be aware that you are allowed to attend classes (and take exams) only of the subjects reported in the LA approved. After the registration at Unime your “libretto” will be updated only with the subjects reported in the approved LA.
In order to fill in your Learning Agreement correctly, choose the subjects only from the accademic offer of the UniMe Department reported in the IIA signed with your University.
It's mandatory to choose subjects from one study programme. However if you do not find enough subjects to complete your learning agreement, you can choose others subjects from another degree course belonging to the same Department.
Please fill in the Table A by writing the Italian subjects as per our Course Catalogue and make sure that you put in the component code column the name of the UniMe degree course from which you selected the subjects. LA without the component code column duly fill will not be considered valid and will not be signed.
Your LA will be approved by our Departmental Coordinator and returned signed by the Welcome office.